(Last Updated 2023-01-01)
Summary of Information We Collect
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Information You Provide
Information We Collect Automatically
Information from Third Parties
Service Specific Collection of Information:
Cash Back Rewards
Pay It Forward
Non-Personally Identifiable Information (Aggregated and Anonymized Data)
How We Use The Information We Collect
Information We Share
Do Not Track Signals
Push Notifications, Email and SMS Communications
Collection of Information from Children
Data Retention Period
Short Form GLBA Privacy Notice
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") Notice
How can I request my data from EarnIn?
How can I request that EarnIn delete my data?
Shine the Light
Nevada State Bill 220
How EarnIn uses Personal Identifiable Information
|Collection and Sale of Data|
|Does EarnIn sell your Personally Identifiable Information?||No|
|Does EarnIn sell aggregate information?||No|
|Does EarnIn share aggregate information?||Yes|
|Does EarnIn share your data with third party partners?||Yes, with your consent|
|Does EarnIn use your phone contact list if you allow us access?||Yes, with your consent|
|Does EarnIn delete your data when you request an account deletion||See details|
|Does EarnIn retain your data for as long as we need it unless you request deletion?||See details|
|Does EarnIn need your device location for the service to work?||Yes|
|Does EarnIn track your device location while you are not using the app?||Yes|
|Does EarnIn track your browsing activities on other sites?||No|
|Does EarnIn send you marketing communications with the option to opt out?||Yes|
|Does EarnIn send you push notifications with the option to opt out?||Yes|
At EarnIn, we believe that visitors to the EarnIn website and/or mobile application ("Visitors") and EarnIn Community Members ("Community Members,") (herein, Visitors and Community Members are collectively referred to as "you" or "your") deserve clarity and transparency as to how EarnIn uses Personally Identifiable Information.
- our mobile application (herein "Application" or "App"); (the Website and App are collectively referred to as ("EarnIn Site " ) and
- any services, content, and/or features made available by us through the Website or App ("Services").
1. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
EarnIn collects Personally Identifiable Information when you use the EarnIn Site and Services. This Personally Identifiable Information helps us deliver and improve the EarnIn Site and Services. We receive information in a few different ways:
A. information you provide;
B. information EarnIn collects automatically;
C. information EarnIn collect from third parties; and
D. information collected when you use specific EarnIn services.
A. Information You Provide
In general, you can visit the Website and download the App without telling us who you are or sharing any Personally Identifiable Information with EarnIn. In some circumstances, we may work with third parties to provide services on our Website. These Third Parties may place their own cookies to collect information about your activities on our Website and/or the advertisements you have clicked on.
When you register for an account and become a Community Member (a registered user of EarnIn), use the Services and/or communicate with EarnIn, we may ask you to provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us, to identify you, such as:
- first and last name (including legal names);
- phone number,
- e-mail address;
- home address;
- work address;
- date of birth;
- whether you are employed, unemployed, or furloughed;
- Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number;
- Government Identification Number;
- Driver's License information or other state identification;
- A copy of a utility bill, bank statement, affidavit, or other bill, dated within three months of our request;
- a phone number, a text-enabled cellular or wireless telephone number; and/or
- a password and/or pin.
In order to use the Services, Community Members will be required to provide us with Bank Account information. You will also be required to provide our Third Party Partners with certain login access credentials (e.g., username and password) or other account or financial information. This information allows our Third Party Partners to gain online access to the accounts you maintain with a third party financial institution ("Bank Account") and that you choose to designate for use in connection with EarnIn Services. You may only provide third party account access credentials and authorize our Third Party Partners to access valid accounts that you hold in your own name. You may not provide us credentials or access accounts that are held by anyone other than you.
When you provide your Bank Account login credentials to our Third Party Partners, you authorize EarnIn to use the information the Third Party Partners provide to enhance your use of the EarnIn Services. More information about how we use this third party information can be found in the "Information from Third Parties" Section. The authorization will remain in effect until you update this information in the App. Removing your Bank Account will affect your ability to receive the EarnIn Services.
Your EarnIn account information and some of the additional information you provide can be reviewed and changed by logging into the EarnIn App. However, you must contact us directly in order to correct certain information, such as your email address.
If you choose, you may add your contacts' information into the App by connecting your contacts from your mobile device to the App. If you choose to share your contacts with EarnIn, EarnIn will, in accordance with your instructions, access and store your contacts' information in order to identify connections and help you connect with them.
EarnIn may ask you to complete questionnaires or participate in user research regarding the EarnIn Site and Services, labor and employment issues in your state and generally, other topics to improve the EarnIn Site and Services and to help create a more fair financial system. Your participation is voluntary.
B. Information We Collect Automatically
EarnIn may automatically collect the information in this Section about your use of the EarnIn Site and Service. This information may be collected through cookies, web beacons, log files and other technologies. This information is used to improve the delivery of the EarnIn Site and Services and tailor communications to you.
- Usage Information: Generally, EarnIn collects usage information when you use the EarnIn Site and Service such as how many times you visit our Website or App and how often you use the EarnIn Services. This type of aggregate data enables us, and if applicable, third parties authorized by us, to determine how often parts of the Services are used so that we can analyze and improve those Services. EarnIn may also use recency and frequency scores to create advertising and outreach tailored to you.
- Location: EarnIn collects and processes location information when you sign up for and use the Services. For example, we track your device location to understand when you go to work and leave work in order to calculate your EarnIngs for Cash Out, to provide you with and allow you to share information about events you may be interested in and provide specific products and communications relevant to your location. This may result in EarnIn using your location when you do not have the App open. You can stop sharing your device location at any time by adjusting your device settings. However, if you do not agree to our collection of location Information, our Services (e.g., Cash Out and Cash Back Rewards) may not properly function when you try to use them. EarnIn will also use SCF (the first three digits of your postal code) to send you personalized communications, and provide information for the EarnIn Services (e.g., Cash Back Rewards, Advocacy Programs).
- Device Identifiers: When you use the mobile version of our Website and our App, we will collect unique device identifiers assigned to that device, such as device type, machine or mobile device identification number, by phone makers, carriers, and/or makers of the operating system (“Device ID”). We also collect time zones, language settings, and mobile network information. Device ID information allows EarnIn developers to uniquely identify your device for the purpose of storing application preferences and other data.
- Technical and Navigational Information: EarnIn collects your computer or mobile browser type, Internet Protocol address, pages visited, average time spent on the App and/or Website and standard web log information, such as your browser type traffic. This information may be used, for example, to alert you of software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our web design and functionality.
- Software Development Kits (SDKs). SDKs allow EarnIn to transfer or collect information through a server request. EarnIn uses SDKs on the App to help provide the Services. For example, we use SDKs for the following purposes: client/server communication, analytics, push notifications, logging, customer support, targeted advertising, application stability tracking or advanced user interface widgets.
- Web Beacons: EarnIn may also collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or Messages. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
C. Information from Third Parties
D. Service Specific Collection of Information:
When you use certain EarnIn Services, we need to collect additional information from you and third parties. The collection of this Personally Identifiable Information helps us deliver these additional services to you.
- First and last name;
- Email address;
- Residential address;
- Phone number;
- City; and
- Zip Code
This information is used to help determine your local, state and federal representatives and direct your emails and calls to the appropriate representative or third party.
EarnIn will also communicate with you outside FiscalNote using email, SMS, text messages or push notifications (collectively "Messages") about EarnIn's advocacy efforts, to request your input or participation in advocacy or other engagements on behalf of EarnIn.
EarnIn may use this information to let you know about certain products, features, campaigns, or advocacy efforts we think you may be interested in. You can opt out from future notifications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in emails from FiscalNote or EarnIn, and/or via opt out language from any texts received.
If you participate in the Cash Back Rewards program, please visit the Terms of Service, to learn more about the rules and guidelines that apply to govern your use of Cash Back Rewards. If you would like to opt out of card linking and transaction monitoring in connection with the program, please follow the steps below.
- To confirm a Qualifying Purchase or return match or return to match transactions to confirm whether you qualify for a statement credit or an Offer;
- Share transaction data with the participating merchant where a transaction occurred as needed for the merchant to confirm a specific transaction occurred or rewards should be awarded; for example, the date and amount of your purchase and the last 4 digits of your card number so the merchant can verify your purchase with its records if there is a missing or disputed transaction;
- Provide participating merchants or third party service providers aggregated and anonymized information relating specifically to registered card activity solely to allow participating merchants and Third Party Service Providers to assess the results of their campaign;
- Create a record of the transaction data and thereafter maintain and use data in connection with operating the Program;
- Conduct analysis for the improvement and optimization of the program; and
- Provide information in order to respond to a request from government authority or a payment organization involved in a transaction with you or a merchant.
By participating in Cash Back Rewards you: authorize the sharing, exchange and use of transaction data as described above and herein by and among EarnIn and EarnIn’s third party service provider, applicable Payment Card Networks and applicable merchants.
How to Unenroll From Cash Back Rewards.To unenroll from Cash Back Rewards and unlink your cards, you must follow the steps below:
- Go to Cash Back Rewards on the App
- Click on “unenroll”
- Confirm you want to unenroll card
- You must repeat this process for every card you wish to delete
For EarnIn Express ("EarnIn Express Service"), we may use the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to EarnIn for additional purposes such as:
● to provide and deliver the EarnIn Express Services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and/or verifications;
● create a record of the account transaction data and thereafter maintain and use data in connection with the operation of the EarnIn Express Service; and
● detect, prevent and investigate actual or suspected fraud, hacking, infringement, or other misconduct involving the EarnIn Express Service.Your use of certain features of the EarnIn Express Services requires EarnIn to collect account numbers, balances, and other information about your bank accounts unrelated to your relationship with EarnIn. EarnIn may collect this information through a payment processor that facilitates a transfer to a EarnIn partner bank account, a partner bank or through a third-party secure access tool.
When you use Financial Calendar, EarnIn will use third party informationto populate the Financial Calendar. EarnIn may also use aggregated and anonymized data to allow you to compare how expenses track against other similar providers and/or Community Members.
When you use Health Aid, we ask that you provide us with:
- Patient Name (if it is not the Community Member Name);
- Patient date of birth;
- Mailing address;
- Approximate bill balance;
- Electronic copy of medical bill (or provider name, provider address and phone number); and/or
- Community Member Contact Information such as phone number or email address.
If the medical bill is accepted by Health Aid for Medical Bill Review, we will use the information you provide to contact the medical provider and their representatives on your behalf to learn about opportunities to reduce your payment obligations. For example, we may use the information you provide for Health Aid to determine availability of discounts or payment options from your medical provider. We also use this information to communicate back to you regarding the outcome of any negotiation attempts.
When you use the Max Boost Feature, either as a Requestor or Grantor, EarnIn will share some of the following Personally Identifiable Information with the Requestor or Grantor:
- First Name and Last Initial of the Community Members asking for and granting a Max Boost
- Date of Request and Grant.
When using Max Boost, EarnIn will collect and share messages and community participation such as:
- "Likes" or interactions with the request notification using emojis;
- The number of Community Members you have provided Max Boosts to;
- The number of Community Members you have received Max Boosts from;
- The number of new Community Members you have created via referrals (i.e invitation program and the Max Boost referral link);
- Time till you have another Max Boost to use;
- The number of Max Boosts you have left to give; and
- How to share a Max Boost request.
When you Pay It Forward, EarnIn may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect for other purposes such as:
- Sharing your First Name and Last Initial, as well photo or avatar with Community Members in the Pay it Forward chain, and
- Allow Pay it Forward chain members to exchange Thank You messages with you via push notification and/or email if you have opted-in to messaging from EarnIn.
For Tip Yourself ( " Tip Yourself Service"), we may use the Personally Identifiable Information EarnIn collects for additional purposes such as:
● to provide and deliver the Tip Yourself Services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and/or verifications;
● verify your identity and prevent fraud;
● create a record of the transaction data and thereafter maintain and use data in connection with the operation of the Tip Yourself Service; and
● detect, prevent and investigate actual or suspected fraud, hacking, infringement, or other misconduct involving the Tip Yourself Service.
Some Personally Identifiable Information is publicly disclosed in the App (including your first name and the first initial of your last name, profile photo, and public tip reasons you decide to share), and may be seen by anyone accessing the Tip Yourself Service on the App, by any Tip Yourself logged in user.
E. Non-Personally Identifiable Information (Aggregated and Anonymized Data)
EarnIn may aggregate and modify Personally Identifiable Information in a manner that does not personally identify you or any other individual and therefore is no longer Personally Identifiable Information. For example, we may use this non-Personally Identifiable Information to generate aggregate user statistics, create infographics and other data graphs, to train artificial intelligence models, for demographic information, or for usage information.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
EarnIn uses Personal Identifiable Information we collect to: provide the Services, help us verify your identity, set up your account, and provide you with customer service. We also use some of this Personal Identifiable Information to improve the EarnIn Site and Services, provide you with information on events you may be interested in, provide specific communications and EarnIn Services relevant to your location, advertisements and to develop new services and let you know they are available.
EarnIn may use your Personally Identifiable Information to facilitate transactions and activities that need to occur for the Services to take place, such as:
- To establish and verify your identity;
- To establish the existence and condition of your Bank Account;
- To assist with a transaction;
- To establish you are over the age of 18 and a resident of the United States;
- To determine your eligibility to use the Services;
- To enable our third party financial services partners to implement fund transfers;
- To connect with you if there is a problem related to a transaction you requested or to discuss a problem with your EarnIn account; and
- To provide you with customer service,
Generally, we may use the Personal Identifiable Information we collect from you or that you provide to us:
- To maintain, protect, improve and provide our Services, including for the development of new Services;
- To notify you about changes to the EarnIn Site and Services;
- To keep records of your communications with our Customer Support team;
- To enforce and apply our Terms of Service, ACH agreement and any other agreements between you and EarnIn;
- To share information with you about events you may be interested in;
- To offer EarnIn Services relevant to your location;
- For EarnIn's marketing purposes, such as to offer our products and services to you, such as advertisements, by us, through third parties;
- To offer you tailored content by giving you more relevant search results and ads;
- To conduct and report on certain analytics, benchmarking, and performance tracking through the use of anonymous, aggregated information comprised of the categories above; and/or
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including retaining personal data or responding to any government or regulatory request.
3. INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not sell your Personally Identifiable Information. To ensure that the EarnIn Site and Services work, we share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties and service providers, as well as other users. This section explains how EarnIn shares your information.
A. Partners and Service Providers
Some of the Services offered by EarnIn are provided by third-party service providers. We also outsource some of EarnIn’s functions to third-party service providers, such as data storage providers, platform administrators, customer service and/or other services. EarnIn shares information about or from you with these third-party service providers so that they can perform the requested services or complete your requests. We also use and share aggregated and other anonymous data with partners, service providers and third parties to help improve how EarnIn delivers the Services.
EarnIn uses your Personally Identifiable Information to verify your identity, comply with and support our bank partners’ compliance with applicable laws, including Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and sanctions screening rules, prevent, detect and investigate fraud, hacking, infringement or other suspected or actual misconduct, crime, or violation of an agreement involving the Services.
In order to accomplish these business purposes described above, EarnIn discloses financial and/or Personally Identifiable Information to the following categories of third-party service providers: our bank partners, identity services, customer service vendors, communications platforms, risk investigation and mitigation tools, transaction dispute processing services, website and app usage trackers, data processors, modeling and analytics tools, and network infrastructure and data storage services. These third-party service providers are contractually obligated to secure and refrain from disclosing any Personally Identifiable Information which we disclose or otherwise entrust to them.
In some cases, we share aggregated and anonymized data with our employer partners. Examples of such information that may be shared include: the number of registered users who work with the employer, the number of weekly Cash Outs, total number of Cash Outs, average total amounts Cashed Out.
B. Sharing Between EarnIn Community Members and Referrals to New Community Members
Some of your Personally Identifiable Information (including your EarnIn profile photo, EarnIn profile first and last name) will be publicly displayed through the Services and may be seen by anyone with an EarnIn account. This sharing enables portions of the Services that allows users to connect and communicate. For example, this Personally Identifiable Information may be disclosed to enable you to select the contacts with whom you would like to send a Max Boost, show your information about Community Members in a Pay It Forward chain, to connect with another user who referred you to the Services, or to connect with an individual whom you would like to refer to the Services.
Referral Programs.We may, from time to time, run referral programs.If you refer someone to EarnIn through an applicable Referral Program, we will let them know that you generated the referral. If another Community Member referred you, EarnIn may share information about your use of EarnIn with that Community Member. For example, you may be notified after your friends are verified and cash out for the first time that either you or EarnIn covered their tip. Or when you send an non-Community Member a Max Boost request, you will be notified if they install and they will have the option to send you a one-time max boost.
D. Law Enforcement
EarnIn will share information with law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties if EarnIn is compelled to do so by subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure, when it is necessary to do so to comply with law, or where the disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information is reasonably necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of the Terms of Service or as otherwise required by law.
E. Other Third Parties
EarnIn may share some of your Personally Identifiable Information with other third parties for research purposes, provided that you have consented to such data sharing in accordance with applicable law.
4. DO NOT TRACK
Certain internet browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference ("DNT Signal") to the websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. EarnIn does not currently respond to DNT Signals.
EarnIn may engage in behavioral advertising on third-party sites (e.g., retargeting, tracking), through information collected about the pages you visit the Website. For example, EarnIn may use this information to display ads on Services on third-party websites.
We store and process your Personally Identifiable Information using data centers in the United States. This information is protected by physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We also use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our office and files, and we authorize access to Personally Identifiable Information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
We strive to ensure security on our systems. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that Personally Identifiable Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our administrative, managerial and technical safeguards. Therefore, we urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data as well, including never sharing your EarnIn credentials with anyone.
6. PUSH NOTIFICATIONS, EMAIL AND SMS COMMUNICATIONS
If you agree to receive electronic communications, EarnIn may communicate with You about summaries of your Account Information, User Research, products and EarnIn Services, EarnIn’s Advocacy Program, to request your input or participation in the Advocacy Program or other engagements on behalf of EarnIn, using email, SMS, text messages or push notifications (collectively “Messages”). If we communicate with you via Messages, we may collect information regarding the Messages (e.g., email opening confirmations, read text message data or received push notification data). We may also allow users to subscribe to Messages and from time to time may transmit Messages promoting EarnIn and advocacy efforts with third parties or third-party goods or services.
We may also send you Messages (e.g., announcements, newsletters, promotional materials) about the Services, EarnIn, or third-party products and services that we think might be of interest to you.
If at any time you do not wish to receive the Messages, you have the ability to opt out of receiving our promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails and turn off notifications using the functionality made available in the browser, application or device settings. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of Services related Messages.
7. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
We do not intend to collect information from children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected such information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly take all reasonable steps to delete the data from our systems. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 13.
8. GENERAL INFORMATION
EarnIn is headquartered in Palo Alto, California and our Services are provided to you by Activehours, Inc. Questions or comments about this information may be submitted by mail to the address below or you can contact us.
ActiveHours, Inc. d/b/a EarnIn
200 Portage Ave.
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Changes to This Information
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time. Please review it occasionally. If EarnIn makes changes, the updated policy will be posted on the EarnIn Site and we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top. If we make any changes to the ways in which we process your Personally Identifiable Information information that could be reasonably considered material or substantial, we will make additional efforts to notify you of those changes, either by email or via a prominent notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. Where required by law, we will obtain your consent or give you the opportunity to opt out of such changes. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised policy.
9. SPECIFIC RIGHTS
A. Short Form GLBA Privacy Notice :
|FACTS||WHAT DOES ACTIVEHOURS, INC. d/b/a EARNIN DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?|
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the
product or service you have with us. This information can
· Account information and balances
· Employment and Income information
· Transaction information and history
· Government ID numbers, such as Social Security numbers
|How?||All financial companies need to share their members' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their consumers' and customers' personal information; the reasons ActiveHours, Inc. d/b/a EarnIn ("EarnIn") chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does EarnIn share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purpose – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), or respond to court orders and legal investigations||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes– to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||No||No|
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes- information about your transactions and experiences||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates to market to you||No||We don't share|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||No||We don't share|
|Email us at email@example.com or visit EarnIn.com|
|Who we are|
|Who is providing this notice?||EarnIn is providing this privacy notice and is applicable to all products and services offered to all Community Members.|
|What we do|
|How does EarnIn protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with industry standards. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.|
|How does EarnIn collect my personal information?||We collect your personal information, for example, when
·Open an EarnIn account or provide account information,
·Give us your contact information
·When you use the EarnIn Services
We also collect your personal information from others, such as affiliates and other companies.
|Why can't I limit all sharing?||Federal law gives you the right to limit:
· Affiliates from using your information to market to you
· Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
· Sharing for joint marketing with other financial companies
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be
financial and nonfinancial companies.
· EarnIn ActiveHours 1, LLC
|Nonaffiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be
financial and nonfinancial companies.
·Nonaffiliates we share with can include financial institutions, identity verification service providers, financial services companies, banks, and payment processors, and other third parties with your consent
|Joint Marketing||A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that
together market financial products or services to you.
· We do not currently engage in Joint Marketing;
· In the future, our joint marketing partners can include companies such as financial services companies and other financial institutions.
|Other important information|
|FOR VERMONT RESIDENTS: In accordance with Vermont law, we will not share information we collect about you with nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted, such as to process your transactions or to maintain your account.|
|FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: Unless you provide express consent in writing, we will not share information we collect about you with nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by California law, such as to process your transactions or to maintain your account. We will limit sharing among our companies to the extent required by California law.|
|FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS:. Nevada law requires that we provide you with the following contact information. Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. 55 E. Washington Street, Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101, phone number (702) 486-3132, email BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.|
|State laws may also provide you with specific privacy protections. We will comply with applicable state laws with respect to our use of your information.|
B. California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice:
Under the CCPA, Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked directly or indirectly with a particular California resident. The CCPA, however, does not apply to certain information, such as information subject to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”). If you apply for or obtain our Services for personal, family, or household purposes, your Personally Identifiable Information is protected by GLBA but not by CCPA. Please refer to the Short Form GLBA Privacy notice above.
On the other hand, if you are a California resident and you have visited our Site but have not applied for or obtained EarnIn Services, then you may exercise the specific rights included in this CCPA Notice.
Right to be informed about our collection and disclosure of Personally Information
In the past 12 months, we have collected, and disclosed to third parties for our business purposes, the following categories of Personal Information relating to California residents covered by this CCPA Notice:
- contact information, such as email, phone number and mailing address;
- Financial information, such as bank account number;
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website;
- Geolocation data, such as device location and Internet Protocol (IP) location; and
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and employer.
The categories of sources from whom we collected this Personal Information are:
- Directly from a California resident or the individual’s representatives
- Public Record Sources (Federal, State or Local Government Sources)
- Information from our Affiliates
- From Community Members via the Referral Program
- Website/Mobile App Activity/Social Media and
- Corporate clients about individuals associated with them (e.g., an employee or board member)
The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Information for our business purposes described in this privacy Notice are:
- vendors and service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, auditing, marketing and marketing research activities
- Partners and third parties who provide services such as payment, banking and communication infrastructure, storage, legal expertise, tax expertise, auditors.
- Government agencies as required by laws and regulations
Use of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have used Personal Information relating to California residents to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our products and services, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including the following:
- Provide our Services;
- Verifying prospective Community Members’ customer information;
- Advertising and marketing purposes;
- Analytics and research purposes;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Monitoring use of the Site;
- Repair errors;
- Complying with laws and regulations and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
EarnIn does not sell your Personally Identifiable Information.
When you make a request for your Personally Identifiable Information, we will include a list of the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we may have disclosed about you, as well as the categories of third parties to whom your Personally Identifiable Information may have been disclosed.
Right to not be discriminated
EarnIn does not deny Services, provide different quality of Services, offer its products at a different price, limit your eligibility for products, or otherwise discriminate against you because you exercise any rights conferred by the CCPA.
Right to request your data from EarnIn?
You may ask EarnIn to identify the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in a form that you can take with you (also called a “data portability request”). You may submit your request EarnIn here.
Right to EarnIn delete your data
You may submit a request to delete your Personally Identifiable Information i through our Privacy Manager here, EarnIn may still retain the data in aggregated or anonymized form in compliance with CCPA.
What information will EarnIn ask for when I make a request?
EarnIn must verify your identity before we will fulfill your request. As part of this process, EarnIn will ask you to provide Personally Identifiable Information you previously provided to EarnIn. You will also be asked to verify your email address and mailing address (to determine if you are a California resident)
When will EarnIn respond to your request?
EarnIn will respond to your information or deletion request within 45 days, though we may request an additional 45 days if needed.
Can I have an agent make a request on my behalf?
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must:
- Provide the authorized agent signed permission to do so;
- You must directly verify your identity with EarnIn; and
- You must confirm with EarnIn you’ve provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits those of you who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the Personally Identifiable Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share your Personal Identifying Information with third parties for the third parties' own and independent direct marketing purposes unless we receive your permission.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request to support@EarnIn.com In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California Privacy Rights requirements and only information covered will be included in our response.
D. Nevada State Bill 220
We do not sell your covered information, as defined by Section 1.6 of Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes. If you reside in Nevada, you have the right to submit a request to our designated request address firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the sale of covered information.
EarnIn is a financial technology company, not a bank. Bank products are issued by Evolve Bank & Trust, Member FDIC. The EarnIn Card is issued pursuant to a license from Visa USA Inc.
1Subject to your available earnings, Daily Max and Pay Period Max. EarnIn does not charge interest on Cash Outs.
2Fees apply to use Lightning Speed. Lightning Speed may not be available to all Community Members. Cash Outs may take up to thirty minutes, actual transfer speeds will depend on your bank connection. Restrictions and/or third party fees may apply, see Earnin.com/TOS for details.
1Restrictions on use of Services and/or third party fees may apply, see earnin.com/privacyandterms for details.
2Balance Shield cash out is subject to your available earnings and daily pay period max. Other restrictions and/or third party fees may apply. For more information visit earnin.com/privacyandterms.
3Tip Yourself Account funds are held with Evolve Bank & Trust, Member FDIC and FDIC insured up to $250,000. Tip Yourself is a 0% APY and $0 monthly fee service. Other restrictions and/or third party fees may apply, see earnin.com/privacyandterms for details.
1Fees may apply to use Lightning Speed. Lightning Speed may not be available to all Community Members. Cash Outs may take up to thirty minutes, actual transfer speeds will depend on your bank connection. Restrictions and/or third party fees may apply, see Earnin.com/TOS for details.
2Restrictions and/or third party fees may apply, see Earnin.com/TOS for details.
3Balance Shield cash out is subject to your available earnings and your daily pay period max. Other restrictions and/or third party fees may apply, see Earnin.com/TOS for details.
4Tip Yourself Account funds are held with Evolve Bank & Trust, Member FDIC and are insured by the FDIC up to the standard maximum deposit insurance amount per depositor, per FDIC-insured bank, and per ownership category. Tip Yourself is a 0% Annual Percentage Yield and $0 monthly fee service. Other restrictions and/or third party fees may apply. For more information/details visit earnin.com/tos.
5Up to two days early is based on comparison with traditional banks. Exact timing is dependent on your employer’s payroll policies. For more information on eligibility and requirements of Earnin Express, visit Earnin.com/TOS.
6Your Max on Earnin Express is up to 80% of your payroll or $1000, whichever is less. The 80% is dependent on you routing your full paycheck to Earnin Express. For more information on eligibility and requirements of Earnin Express, visit Earnin.com/TOS.
1Disclaimer: Restrictions and/or third party fees may apply, see earnin.com/privacyandterms for more details. Lightning Speed may not be available to all Community Members. Cash Outs may take up to thirty minutes, actual transfer speeds will depend on your bank connection.
2Disclaimer: Lightning Speed may not be available to all Community Members. Cash Outs may take up to thirty minutes, actual transfer speeds will depend on your bank connection. Restrictions and/or third party fees may apply, see earnin.com/privacyandterms for details
3Disclaimer: Community Member must have had at least 1 successful debit with EarnIn. Limit to 1 Max Boost per pay period. A boost will not adjust a Community member's daily max. Restrictions may apply, see earnin.com/privacyandterms for more details
*Disclaimer: Balance Shield Cash Out is subject to your available earnings and daily pay period max. Other restrictions and/or third party fees may apply. For more information visit earnin.com/privacyandterms
1Restrictions may apply, see earnin.com/privacyandterms for more details. Tip Yourself Account funds are held with Evolve Bank & Trust, member FDIC and FDIC insured up to $250,000. Tip Yourself is a 0% Annual Percentage Yield and $0 monthly fee service. Your Tip Yourself Account and any Tip Jars are not Savings Accounts. For more information/details visit earnin.com/privacyandterms
2Disclaimer: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the U.S. or DC. Games begin each Sunday starting 12/6/20 at 9:01 p.m. ET and end the following Monday at 9:00 p.m. ET with the last Game ending 12/19/21. To download the App, view the Official Rules, odds disclosures, prize details, and alternate means of entry, visit https://www.Earnin.com/wewin/game-rules/. Void where prohibited. $10,000,000 grand prize payable over 29 years. Sponsor: Activehours, Inc. (d/b/a Earnin), 200 Portage Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94306.
3Disclaimer: Restrictions Apply. See Earnin.com/wewin/pool-rules/ for more information
1EarnIn does not charge a hidden or mandatory fee for use of its services. Restrictions and/or third party fees may apply. For more info: visit earnin.com/TOS.
*Survey conducted in February 2020 with 889 participants.
1. Disclaimer: Subject to your available earnings and daily pay period max. Restrictions and/or third party fees may apply, see earnin.com/TOS for more details.
2. Disclaimer: Earnin does not charge hidden fees for use of its services. Restrictions and/or third party fees may apply, see earnin.com/TOS for more details.
3. Disclaimer: Fees may apply to use Lightning Speed. Lightning Speed may not be available to all Community Members. Cash Outs may take up to thirty minutes, actual transfer speeds will depend on your bank connection. Restrictions and/or third party fees may apply, see earnin.com/TOS for more details.
4. Disclaimer: Community Member must have had at least 1 successful debit with Earnin. Limit to 1 Max Boost per pay period. A boost will not adjust a Community member's daily max. Restrictions may apply, see earnin.com/TOS for more details.
*Disclaimer: Balance Shield Cash Out is subject to your available earnings and daily pay period max. Other restrictions and/or third party fees may apply. For more information visit earnin.com/tos
* Earnin does not charge hidden fees for use of its services. Restrictions and/or third-party fees may apply. For more info, visit earnin.com/TOS.
1EarnIn is a financial technology company, not a bank. The Deposit Account, Secured Account, and EarnIn Card are issued by Evolve Bank & Trust, Member FDIC. The EarnIn Card is issued pursuant to a license from Visa USA Inc.
2Subject to your available earnings, Daily Max and Pay Period Max. Restrictions and/or third party fees may apply, see EarnIn.com/TOS for details.
3Internal analysis conducted by EarnIn in January 2021, represents total users who Cashed Out at least once from January 1 to December 31, 2020
4This research was conducted online by FTI Consulting’s Digital & Insights team, on behalf of Brigit, MoneyLion & EarnIn. FTI Consulting researched n=4,735 of Brigit, MoneyLion and EarnIn’s Direct to Consumer (D2C) Early Wage Access service consumers between the dates of April 21st, 2021 – May 18th, 2021, and results were weighted in equal proportions to ensure equal representation among the consumers of each participating company. Due to the standard convention of rounding, some totals may not add up to 100%
5Internal survey conducted in February 2020 with 889 participants.
6EarnIn does not charge hidden or mandatory fees for use of its services. Restrictions and/or third party fees may apply. For more info visit earnin.com/TOS
7$4.68 ATM fee = $3.02 ATM + $1.66 bank fee https://www.bankrate.com/banking/checking/checking-account-survey/
8Internal data June 2022- Dec. 2022.
* EarnIn does not charge hidden fees for use of its services. Restrictions and/or third-party fees may apply. For more info, visit earnin.com/TOS.